Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ugh... more of the same...

What was before just a bad session has become a full blown downswing, and has brought down my entire month as a result. I've been using pokerluckmeter.com to confirm this, that I'm not just playing like shit; after my 0% session I had a nice 4%, 7%, 22%, etc. Today was a 6%, and counting all the hands I've played at home in the last 12 days, I broke the meter at 0% again:




My last entry was kind of funny; haha, I broke the luck meter. But that was only ~900 hands; this is ~5,000, which adds up to a lot more lost buy-ins. On top of the fact that, well, seriously... 1,927.4:1 against. Seriously.
I know that downswings like this come with the game, and I don't mean to complain as if I'm the only guy who's ever gotten unlucky; indeed, it could certainly be worse. However, I'm starting to think that, on top of everything else that's happening in my life right now, I can't really deal with this, and certainly not for much longer. It's been a hard month for personal reasons, and as I've mentioned before I'm leaving this town pretty soon, I have a lot of things to figure out, and I just don't need the added emotional burden of Lady Luck shitting on my head. It might soon be time to cash in my chips, at least for a little while.

4 comments:

  1. The bad news: it hurts and it will always hurt....BAD

    The good: you are officially beginning to break your cherry! You will soon find out, no matter how bad it gets, just how resilient you really are and how surprisingly quickly you can bounce back and regain your passion for the game. Trust me....I have been there more times than I can count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Success never comes without a fight man. Put your hard hat on and fight like a mother f__ker if you wanna break out of the funk. What the hell else can you do? Anything worth doing has ups and downs.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep your head up. Stay focused and things will turn around before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support guys.

    ReplyDelete